How to Play Baccarat
Part of the reason that baccarat is so popular is because it is fun and simple to play. For this reason there are many people playing it right now. Baccarat has grown from a small game that was only played by few to the millions of people that play today. So I ask you this, are you ready to learn how to play baccarat?
In order to learn how to play baccarat you need to lend me about five minutes of your time. Yes, that is it, just five minutes. Again, this game is simple and easy to learn. The only thing you have to worry about while playing the game is who you are going to bet on.
The first basic rule that you must understand is how to count to nine. That may sound very simple, but there are a few variations on how you end up with your total when playing baccarat. First off, all of the face cards including 10 are worth 0, all the cards bellow are worth there face value and aces are worth 1. The only difficulty to the game comes when you might be dealt two 7's. The total adds up to 14 doesn't it? Well, the way the casino gets around this is they drop the leading 1, so your total is 4.
How to play Baccarat - The Rules:
Once the final cards are dealt, the one with the total closest to 9 wins.
- The banker and the player each draw two cards.
- If either the player or banker total 8 or 9, both automatically stand, no exceptions.
- If the player's total is 6 or 7, the player stands.
- If the player stands, the banker hits on a total of 5 or less.
- If the player's total is 5 or less, the player automatically hits and the banker gives the player a third card.
- If the player receives a third card then the banker draws a third card according to the following:
- Banker's hand totals 0,1,2: Banker always draws a third card.
- Banker's hand totals 3: Banker draws if Player's third card is 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-9-0 (not 8)
- Banker totals 4: Banker draws if Player thirds 2-3-4-5-6-7
- Banker 5: Banker draws if Player thirds 4-5-6-7
- Banker 6: Banker draws if Player thirds 6-7
- Banker 7: Banker stands.
How to play Baccarat - Strategy:
The first thing when you think or consider strategy is probably, how do I improve my odds? The answer is simple, you don't. If it were that easy casinos would cease to exist and I would not be talking to you about it right now.
The best strategy that you can put into play when playing baccarat is to not bet
on a tie. Now, if you are feeling lucky and want to gamble by all means go ahead
and bet on it. It does pay better than any other bet at 8 to 1, meaning you will
be paid your original bet plus your bet x 8. But the fact remains it is a long
shot and you will want to limit those if you plan on become consistent with your
winnings. Other than that you may consider reading the "strategy"
page to learn about a little more detail on strategy and how you play baccarat.